Friday, September 16, 2016

Beautiful People (September Edition) Princess Farrah of Caelus

Beautiful People is a linkup hosted by Sky @ Further Up and Further In and Cait @ Paper Fury! It’s a character building tool for writers. The writer answers a set of questions about his or her novel and characters within the novel.


This month had an assortment of character questions, so I decided to interview Princess Liora or just Farrah (a nickname given to her by Kai). She's a character in my Anima series.


How did you come up with this character?

Me: Farrah has resided in my heart for about 11 years. Since then, she’s changed both in function to the story and how her character relates to Ari. She is still an important figure to Ari but in a much different way. She’s always been close to Ari’s heart and though Ari came first, Farrah was not far behind, which is very true to their relationship.

Have they ever been starving? Why? And what did they eat to break the fast?

Farrah: In what sense? I can think of a few instances. I’ve starved my Anima, refusing to use its power until I had to. I’ve starved my wanderlust, to please my father. I’ve even starved socially, to the point where I wouldn’t talk to anyone after Kai’s and Ari’s banishment from Caelus.

And sure, I've starved physically. I frequently perform fasts for spiritual reasons, which brings me closer to understanding my Anima, my self, and others around me. As for what I ate to break the fast, I usually help myself to sky scallops. Ari and I both relish in their sweetness.

Farrah "touching" her Anima (check out Charlie-Bowater's DeviantArt)

Do they have a talent or skill that they’re proud of?

Farrah: I can heal both with and without my Anima. By using my Anima, I can cure severe wounds. Though, I try to heal by using medical practices. I also enjoy archery, thanks to Kai.

Me: Yeah, she's getting pretty good at it.

List 3 things that would make them lose their temper.

Farrah: Oh, I don't typically lose my temper, so let's see: *counts on her fingers* those who intentionally hurt others, injustice, and laziness.

What is their favorite type of weather? Least favorite?

Farrah: I adore the sun! I think sunshine is the most powerful mood enhancer.

Me: What about your least favorite?

Farrah: Oh, hmm...I like rain and thunderstorms, so they're not my least favorite. I think that would have to be fog. There’s just something unnerving about not being able to see in front of you.

What is their Hogwarts house and/or MBTI personality?

Me: Hogwarts House...she’d be Hufflepuff, all the way. And before you groan and say, that’s the worst house ever, I will tell you that it most definitely is not. Even J.K. Rowling thinks Hufflepuffs are awesome! They are caring, considerate, and welcoming. Though Farrah is brave in the face of danger, she is most brave when acting on behalf of her friends.

Her MBTI personality would be INFP since she’s more reserved, focusing on her innermost thoughts and feelings. She’s intuitive and acts on instincts as she imagines the possibilities. She’s warm and empathetic, and is quite flexible, enjoying surprises.

Farrah practicing archery

Are they more likely to worry about present problems, or freak out about the unknown future?

Farrah: Though I can imagine the future, I would truly prefer to focus on the present. There is just so much going on right now that I need to focus on my country before I focus on what may come, even though I worry about that from time to time.

What is their favorite thing to drink?

Farrah: Milk! Or Tea with milk!

What is their favorite color? Least favorite?

Farrah: Hm, probably pink or any pastel color, really. I don’t think I have a least favorite color.

What is a book that changed their life?

Farrah: I love books! It’s hard to choose just one. Hm, but I think I’d have to say the two that Kai gave me on my ninth birthday.  One was a Northern history book he’d picked up in Trevi and the other was a Southern history book. It was fascinating because I discovered how information and even history can be skewed depending on where you are. That’s why I want to see the world, to find my own perspective.

Anyway, thank you so much for interviewing me!

Farrah

Thank you for reading! What kind of genre do you like to read/write?

6 comments:

  1. I love your character collage!

    Farrah seems like a really sweet character. I definitely have to agree with her about sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know. I think sunshine always, and forever will be, my favorite. Although, rainy days can be nice every once and awhile. Everything in moderation, I suppose.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, she's soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FARRAH. <33 I love her so much already. She's adorable and perfect. This was so fun to read!

    I like that she's a Hufflepuff and that while she loves the sunshine she doesn't totally hate rain or thunderstorms. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yeah, me too. Like I've said before, Hufflepuffs don't get enough love. And hooray for thunderstorms!!

      Delete